UN Convention to discuss autonomous `killer robots`
London: Prof Ronald Arkin and Prof Noel Sharkey will debate on the inevitability of autonomous killer robots at the UN Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons.
Robotics expert Prof Arkin said that he does not support the ban at this time and he will carry the moratorium until that end is achieved, the BBC news reported.
However, Prof Sharkey added that the Nations aren`t talking to each other about the autonomous weapons systems, which could cause a big risk to humanity.
The meeting of experts will be chaired by French ambassador Jean-Hugues Simon-Michel and this will be the first time that the issue of lethal autonomous weapons systems will be addressed within the CCW.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- I've not made many fashion faux pas: Arjun Kapoor
- Kangana Ranaut a true fashion chameleon: Tarun Tahiliani
- Delhi court acquits man; orders trial of two women for false rape charge
- Vyapam scam: SC bench to pass an order on clarification
- No scientific evidence proves Farakka Dam caused Bihar floods: Sushil Kumar Modi