UN Convention to discuss autonomous `killer robots`
London: Prof Ronald Arkin and Prof Noel Sharkey will debate on the inevitability of autonomous killer robots at the UN Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons.
Robotics expert Prof Arkin said that he does not support the ban at this time and he will carry the moratorium until that end is achieved, the BBC news reported.
However, Prof Sharkey added that the Nations aren`t talking to each other about the autonomous weapons systems, which could cause a big risk to humanity.
The meeting of experts will be chaired by French ambassador Jean-Hugues Simon-Michel and this will be the first time that the issue of lethal autonomous weapons systems will be addressed within the CCW.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!