UN Convention to discuss autonomous `killer robots`
London: Prof Ronald Arkin and Prof Noel Sharkey will debate on the inevitability of autonomous killer robots at the UN Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons.
Robotics expert Prof Arkin said that he does not support the ban at this time and he will carry the moratorium until that end is achieved, the BBC news reported.
However, Prof Sharkey added that the Nations aren`t talking to each other about the autonomous weapons systems, which could cause a big risk to humanity.
The meeting of experts will be chaired by French ambassador Jean-Hugues Simon-Michel and this will be the first time that the issue of lethal autonomous weapons systems will be addressed within the CCW.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression