UN Convention to discuss autonomous `killer robots`
London: Prof Ronald Arkin and Prof Noel Sharkey will debate on the inevitability of autonomous killer robots at the UN Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons.
Robotics expert Prof Arkin said that he does not support the ban at this time and he will carry the moratorium until that end is achieved, the BBC news reported.
However, Prof Sharkey added that the Nations aren`t talking to each other about the autonomous weapons systems, which could cause a big risk to humanity.
The meeting of experts will be chaired by French ambassador Jean-Hugues Simon-Michel and this will be the first time that the issue of lethal autonomous weapons systems will be addressed within the CCW.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill