US army tests `cutting edge` `Halo` style helmets
Washington: The US Army is testing a new helmet that looks like headwear from the `Halo` video game franchise.
Ballistic eyewear company Revision has created The Helmet Electronics and Display System-Upgradeable Protection - dubbed HEaDS-UP, Discovery News reported.
It consists of standard army helmet and features a see-through ballistic visor and a mandible face mask, which protects the user against 9mm ammunition and offers better eye, face and hearing protection than the existing ones.
Another notable feature is the display technologies that can be projected on the inside of the visor.
At a recent demonstration, the system featured integrated electronics, a display that is powered by an Android smartphone, and a liner system that met new 14-feet per second impact requirements to reduce traumatic brain injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state