`Vampire` skeletons found in Poland
Washington: Archaeologists in Poland have found skeletons of victims accused of being vampires, with their heads removed and placed on their legs in the town of Gliwice.
This gruesome burial is evidence that the victim had been accused of being a vampire and had been subjected to an execution ritual, making sure that the undead stayed dead.
Sometimes, those accused of being vampires were simply decapitated, while others would be hung from a gibbet, until the head separating from the body, Fox News reported.
Then, the heads were placed on the legs to deter the so-called "creatures of the night" from rising from their graves.
Historians say that such practices were common amongst former pagan tribes, in the years following their conversion to Christianity.
Found during the construction of a road near Gliwice, the archaeologists were highly surprised, as they were used to finding remains of WWII soldiers - not vampire skeletons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened