Vikram Sarabhai Awards conferred on four scientists
Ahmedabad: Four scientists were today conferred with the Dr Vikram Sarabhai Research awards for the year 2013, on the birth anniversary of the visionary scientist at Physical Research Laboratory (PRL) here.
Besides, two more scientists were given the PRL award.
The four scientists to receive the Dr Vikram Sarabhai Research award are- Tarun Kumar Pant, Joji Chaman, Souvik Mahapatra, Ranjan Bose.
Tarun Kumar Pant, a researcher at PRL was conferred with the award for his contributions towards understanding `Atmospheric coupling processes,in particular, the association of electrojet and counter with neutral atmospheric dynamics` in the Space Sciences category.
In Space Application category, Joji Chaman, Entity chief of Mechanical Design and Production area, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) at Thiruvananthpuram, was given the award for his contribution in `Inertial navigation system for spacecrafts deployed for the terrestrial and planetary mission.`
The award for Electronics, Informatics, Telematics and Automation category were jointly awarded to Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mumbai`s Souvik Mahapatra for his work in development of the `Negative Bias Temperature Instability Tolerant Complimentary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) devices, and to Ranjan Bose of IIT Delhi for contributing in the area of coding for secure communication.
The PRL award was jointly given to N V Chalapathi Rao, faculty Geo-Science at Banaras Hindu University, for his work on the Indian kimberlites and mantle processes influencing their evolution.
The other recipient J S Ray, received the award for his work on origin and evolution of Indian carbonatites and the Andaman subduction zone.
The awards, carrying a medal and a cash prize of Rs 50,000 were presented by Chairman of Council of Management in PRL Professor U R Rao.
The Dr Vikram Sarabhai Research Awards were instituted from funds provided by a religious trust `Hariom Ashram` in Nadiad town in Kheda, and the PRL award was funded by Aruna Lal Endowment Fund which was established by former director of PRL Devendra Lal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015