We will have screens all around us in future: Matias Duarte
Washington: In the future people we will have screens not just in the palm of their hands, but all around them, Matias Duarte, Google`s Director of Android User Experience has predicted.
Duarte identified gesturing and `tangibility` as the next major developments in mobile technology.
While speaking to CNN at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, he said that `computers have to work the way people expect and not the other way round. I want everything can you touch on the screen to operate like objects in the real world do.`
He added that this `doesn`t mean they have to look like copies of objects in the real world, but they have to be tangible and physical and delightful`
Duarte said that `right now we only recognize a couple of fingers, and on screens that are small and always in the palm of your hand.`
In the future, technology builders will look at the gestures of a person`s entire body, facial expressions, arms, all of the fingers, and people are going to have all around them, he added.
According to the report, Duarte also promised that Google would never clamp down on the user`s ability customize Android on their phones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai