WhatsApp reaches 600 million active users,60 million from India
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: WhatsApp`s popularity has reached another milestone. CEO and founder Jan Koum on Twitter announced that the instant mobile messaging app now boasts of 600 million monthly active users.
Now serving 600,000,000 monthly active users. Yes, active and registered are very different types of numbers...
— jan koum (@jankoum) August 25, 2014
India is one of the fastest growing markets as reported by Neeraj Arora , Vice President of WhatsApp .It has now over 60 million users in India. From 50 million users in May this year, WhatsApp has added 10 million new users in less than three months.
The app had already crossed the significant half a billion user milestone in April this year. Tencent’s WeChat app is closest behind with 438 million active users, most of whom are likely in China, while Tango (70 million active users) and Viber (100 million active users) are among a clutch of other apps further back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!