WhatsApp reaches 600 million active users,60 million from India
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: WhatsApp`s popularity has reached another milestone. CEO and founder Jan Koum on Twitter announced that the instant mobile messaging app now boasts of 600 million monthly active users.
Now serving 600,000,000 monthly active users. Yes, active and registered are very different types of numbers...
— jan koum (@jankoum) August 25, 2014
India is one of the fastest growing markets as reported by Neeraj Arora , Vice President of WhatsApp .It has now over 60 million users in India. From 50 million users in May this year, WhatsApp has added 10 million new users in less than three months.
The app had already crossed the significant half a billion user milestone in April this year. Tencent’s WeChat app is closest behind with 438 million active users, most of whom are likely in China, while Tango (70 million active users) and Viber (100 million active users) are among a clutch of other apps further back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video