World`s biggest dinosaur park to be unveiled in Oz
Melbourne: The world`s biggest dinosaur park, dream of Australian mining tycoon Clive Palmer, will roar to life sooner than expected on the Sunshine Coast in the country.
The attraction, dubbed Palmersauria, is coming together in the grounds of the Palmer Coolum Resort in Queensland, Australia.
It features more than 150 replica animatronic prehistoric creatures, imported from China.
Resort general manager Bill Schoch said while an official name had not been settled on, there was little doubt "Palmer" would be in the title, building on a brand that already included Palmer Resort, Palmer Golf, Palmer Grill and Palmer Motorama vintage car museum.
All of the creatures can make sounds and some will move, such as "Jeff" the resort`s towering T-rex.
Airborne dinosaurs will swoop down on a flying fox, while a canopy walk will provide a unique perspective, The Sunday Mail (Queensland) reported.
"There is some paperwork to finalise with council, but we will now be able to get it up and going much quicker than previously thought. I would say within six months to be safe, but it should be sooner," Schoch said.
"This will be unique in the world and provide a very up close and personal experience. I think it will create lasting memories for children and families. Some dinosaurs may look ferocious, but touch them and they are as cuddly as a koala," Schoch said.
Last month, billionaire Palmer had released blueprints for Titanic II, a replica of the doomed ocean liner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview