World`s fastest three-wheeled electric car at $65k
New York: The TORQ Roadster from Epic EV proves that electric cars can have race car performance.
It boasts a 400 horsepower electric engine and carbon fiber panels.
The three-wheeled TORQ Roadster will coast 65,000 dollars, the New York Daily News reported.
According to its makers Epic EV, the TORQ Roadster is the world`s fastest three-wheel electric vehicle and can generate more G-force in a corner than a Ferrari.
A mean green machine, the TORQ Roadster packs in 0-60mph acceleration in four seconds, One G of lateral force when cornering, and doesn`t require a drop of gas.
The electric car earns Formula One status, despite the fact it only has three wheels.
As well as perfectly smooth and constant acceleration, the electric engine also offers over 400 horsepower, all of which is kept in check with four-piston racing derived brakes and a suspension and chassis set-up that borrows from Formula One technology.
Meanwhile, ensuring that none of the horsepower is wasted through dragging around excess weight, the exterior panels are formed from carbon fiber to increase rigidity while keeping the vehicle lightweight.
Its makers, California-based Epic EV, claim that the point of the TORQ is to show consumers that an electric vehicle doesn`t have to compromise on performance and handling in order to be environmentally friendly or energy efficient.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him