World`s most efficient car Volkswagen XL1 debuts in Beijing
Beijing: Volkswagen XL1 hybrid car, the world`s first 1-liter vehicle, has made its debut in Beijing.
The vehicle, dubbed `the world`s most efficient car`, consumes only 0.9 liter of fuel when traveling 100 kilometers.
To achieve such high efficiency, VW has followed three main ideas: making cars that are light, aerodynamic and that have a low center of gravity.
The car weighs just 1,753 pounds by using carbon fiber polymers, magnesium, ceramics and aluminum in its various parts.
It`s small as well, measuring just 153.1 inches in length, and 65.6 inches across and 45.5 inches from ground to roof.
The car has a sleek, aerodynamic look, the back wheels are covered and mirrors on the doors are digital cameras instead of the wind grabbing old-school variety, the body is also tapered, Physorg reports.
VW has given operators several options when driving the vehicle-it can be run as an all-electric, all- gasoline, or as a hybrid.
During the `experience day for new energy cars` held by Volkswagen Group China , the plug-in diesel hybrid car was shown off to the news media and visitors.
It is said that only 250 units will be produced for sale across the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj