World`s most used but unsafe ATM PIN numbers revealed
Washington: A study has revealed that the world`s most popular four-digit ATM PIN number combinations, like 1234, are the most dangerous combinations and can be guessed easily.
The Huffington Post reports that there are 10,000 different possible four-digit ATM PIN numbers, but almost 11 percent of PINs are the most easiest to crack.
A study by Data Genetics has discovered the most dangerous PIN numbers by analyzing 3.4 million passwords.
The top 10 most commonly used PIN numbers found out by the study are 1234, 1111, 0000, 1212, 7777, 1004, 2000, 4444, 2222, 6969.
The top 10 most common passwords make up over 20 percent of all of the passwords found, the report added.
Meanwhile, 26.83 percent of all passwords could be guessed by attempting the top 20 most popular combinations.
The study also revealed that four digit numbers starting with 19, for 19th century, are also bad passwords.
Meanwhile, the study also found out the best, but least popular, passwords to be 8068, 8093, 9629, 6835, 7637, 0738, 8398, 6793, 9480, 8957.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row