World`s most used but unsafe ATM PIN numbers revealed
Washington: A study has revealed that the world`s most popular four-digit ATM PIN number combinations, like 1234, are the most dangerous combinations and can be guessed easily.
The Huffington Post reports that there are 10,000 different possible four-digit ATM PIN numbers, but almost 11 percent of PINs are the most easiest to crack.
A study by Data Genetics has discovered the most dangerous PIN numbers by analyzing 3.4 million passwords.
The top 10 most commonly used PIN numbers found out by the study are 1234, 1111, 0000, 1212, 7777, 1004, 2000, 4444, 2222, 6969.
The top 10 most common passwords make up over 20 percent of all of the passwords found, the report added.
Meanwhile, 26.83 percent of all passwords could be guessed by attempting the top 20 most popular combinations.
The study also revealed that four digit numbers starting with 19, for 19th century, are also bad passwords.
Meanwhile, the study also found out the best, but least popular, passwords to be 8068, 8093, 9629, 6835, 7637, 0738, 8398, 6793, 9480, 8957.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family