Xbox One to have eye-tracking tech to check if users watch ads
London: The Xbox One will soon have an eye-tracking technology to check whether the viewers watch ads and also offer rewards for those who stay put during adverts.
Software giant Microsoft has filed for a patent to use eye-tracking technology in its Xbox One home entertainment system so that television and online advertisers can check if users are watching the ads attentively.
The company said that producers, distributors, and advertisers of the video content may set viewing goals and offer rewards to those users who reach the goals.
According to the report, the rewards may include money, discounts or points on a loyalty scheme as an incentive.
However, the technology experts warn that this move will infringe on the privacy of the users.
The Xbox One, which allows for one time game sharing to friends and their trading with participating retailers, will be launched before Christmas, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video