`Yeti` may have lived in the Himalayas
London: A veteran broadcaster has claimed that a Yeti-like creature once lived in the Himalayan Mountains.
Sir David Attenborough strongly believes that fossil evidence found in the 1930s proves a 10-12ft tall animal lived in the region, the Daily Star reported.
The 87-year-old told Jarvis Cocker at a UKTV 2013-2014 Showcase that he is convinced that Abominable Snowman may be real as a fossil with huge molars that are four of five times the size of human molars has been discovered.
Sir David said that the Himalayan forests which cover over 14,000 square miles could easily contain a Yeti.
He further added that if there are some still alive and you walked near their habitat you can bet that these creatures may be aware of you, but you wouldn`t be aware of them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata