`Yeti` may have lived in the Himalayas
London: A veteran broadcaster has claimed that a Yeti-like creature once lived in the Himalayan Mountains.
Sir David Attenborough strongly believes that fossil evidence found in the 1930s proves a 10-12ft tall animal lived in the region, the Daily Star reported.
The 87-year-old told Jarvis Cocker at a UKTV 2013-2014 Showcase that he is convinced that Abominable Snowman may be real as a fossil with huge molars that are four of five times the size of human molars has been discovered.
Sir David said that the Himalayan forests which cover over 14,000 square miles could easily contain a Yeti.
He further added that if there are some still alive and you walked near their habitat you can bet that these creatures may be aware of you, but you wouldn`t be aware of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city