Your email style can reveal your gender and emotions
London: Researchers have revealed that the words that we use in our messages can reveal our gender, emotions and even personality traits.
Saif Mohammad and his co-workers from the National Research Council Canada, uncover feelings inside an email by using sentiment analysis.
A huge "sentiment" database was created by the team by using crowdsourcing by hiring employees for Amazon`s Mechanical Turk to pair 24,200 words with emotions for instance "ice cream" was paired with "joy."
Comparing the words used in 32,045 emails that were made public after the Enron scandal, helped make it possible to assess emotional tone and how it varies with gender, New Scientist reported.
The findings of the study showed a marked difference between sexes.
Women mostly used words that were related to joy or sadness, while men favoured words that were associated with fear or trust.
However, both sexes used joyous and cheerful words when they wrote to women.
The team also tried to find out personality traits from emotional content.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog