1 killed in blast in Pakistan
Karachi: At least one person was killed and ten others injured on Thursday when a bomb went off outside a paramilitary force`s headquarters in Pakistan`s largest city Karachi.
The explosion occurred outside the Rangers Headquarters in Korangi area of Karachi.
According to initial reports, the explosion was a suicide attack and involved the use of a cycle.
Army and Rangers officials were returning to the area after the by-election in a parliamentary constituency.
The injured were shifted to the Indus Hospital near the area. Officials with serious injuries were being taken to Jinnah Hospital in Karachi, Express News reported.
This is not the first time a Rangers office has been attacked.
At least eight Rangers personnel were wounded in an attack on their office near Nazimabad in Karachi on June 5.
A firing incident in the nearby Bilal Colony had killed Awami National Party candidate and his four-year-old son on May 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender