10 dead in Peshawar suicide attack, army kill 4 militants
Peshawar/Islamabad: A suicide attack
outside a crowded court complex in Peshawar killed at least 10
people and wounded 50 others as Pakistani troops gunned down
four militants during operations in the restive Swat valley
and Waziristan tribal region, officials said on Monday.
The bomber, who came to the Peshawar court complex in
a rickshaw, blew himself up when police opened fire, said
North West Frontier Province Senior Minister Bashir Bilour.
Ten people, including two policemen and as many
lawyers, were killed in the blast. Nearly 50 injured people
were brought to Lady Reading Hospital and four of them were in
a serious condition.
In a separate bomb attack in the southwestern
Pakistani city of Quetta, eight persons, including a
child, were injured, police said.
The bomb, hidden in a motorcycle parked outside the
gate of a residential complex for government officers, was
detonated by remote control, police said.
During operations in the restive Swat valley and
Waziristan tribal region, Pakistani troops killed four
militants and apprehended 17 others with links to the
terrorists, authorities said today.
Security forces gunned down four militants during a
search operation at Goraghat in Swat, which has witnessed a
spurt in violence in the past two weeks.
The army had said it had cleared most parts of the
northwestern valley, located 160 km from Islamabad, of the
Taliban nearly two months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'