10 dead in Peshawar suicide attack, army kill 4 militants
Peshawar/Islamabad: A suicide attack
outside a crowded court complex in Peshawar killed at least 10
people and wounded 50 others as Pakistani troops gunned down
four militants during operations in the restive Swat valley
and Waziristan tribal region, officials said on Monday.
The bomber, who came to the Peshawar court complex in
a rickshaw, blew himself up when police opened fire, said
North West Frontier Province Senior Minister Bashir Bilour.
Ten people, including two policemen and as many
lawyers, were killed in the blast. Nearly 50 injured people
were brought to Lady Reading Hospital and four of them were in
a serious condition.
In a separate bomb attack in the southwestern
Pakistani city of Quetta, eight persons, including a
child, were injured, police said.
The bomb, hidden in a motorcycle parked outside the
gate of a residential complex for government officers, was
detonated by remote control, police said.
During operations in the restive Swat valley and
Waziristan tribal region, Pakistani troops killed four
militants and apprehended 17 others with links to the
terrorists, authorities said today.
Security forces gunned down four militants during a
search operation at Goraghat in Swat, which has witnessed a
spurt in violence in the past two weeks.
The army had said it had cleared most parts of the
northwestern valley, located 160 km from Islamabad, of the
Taliban nearly two months ago.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know