10 Indians among 19 killed in Nepal plane crash
Kathmandu: Ten Indians were among 19 people
killed on Sunday when a small plane carrying them crashed and
broke into pieces at Kotdanda hills in Lalitpur district near
the Nepalese capital while returning from a mountain flight.
The Beechcraft plane (BHA 103), which crashed at 7.30 am
local time, belonged to the private Buddha Air airline,
according to Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (CAAN).
All 19 people aboard the plane, including 10 Indians,
were killed in the crash, officials said.
Among those killed was a Nepalese passenger, who
succumbed to his wounds in hospital, after being rescued from
the crash site located 20 km east of the capital.
Apart from 10 Indians, the plane had three other
foreigners, whose identities were yet to be established,
three Nepalese passengers and a three-member crew aboard,
according to the Rescue Coordination Centre, Tribhuvan
International Airport, under the CAAN.
The aircraft, which had taken tourists to view Mount
Everest and other high peaks, crashed and broke into pieces at
Kotdanda hills in Lalitpur district when it was returning to
The Indian nationals killed in the crash were identified
as Pankaj Mehta, Chhaya Mehta, H D Nagraja, S Nagraja, I
Nagraja, L Nagaraja, D Talosubrisum, D P Talosubrisum, Nagraja
Talosubrisum and P Talosubrisum.
A helicopter, which was sent from Kathmandu to the crash
site for a rescue operation, could not land due to bad
weather, but local police and people had managed to reach
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof