10 injured as bomb explodes near MQM office in Karachi
Karachi: A bomb blast targeted an electoral office of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) near Pakistan`s commercial hub Karachi, injuring 10 people ahead of the May 11 general elections.
Initial reports suggest the political office, set up for election campaigning in the city`s NA-250 constituency, was the target of suspected terrorists. Several party activists are among the injured.
"The MQM office is located in a lane close to the Fresco roundaround where a few metres away the food street is located so as soon as the blast took place there was lot of panic and fear and the food street and markets have now closed down as rescue operations continue," a police official said.
Injured are being shifted to nearby Civil Hospital.
This is the fourth bomb attack on a MQM office since last week when three blasts took place in North Nazimabad and Orangi Town areas while in a fourth incident a election office of the Awami National Party was also bombed.
The outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban have vowed to target these parties in the run up to the elections because of their secular policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31