10 injured as bomb explodes near MQM office in Karachi
Karachi: A bomb blast targeted an electoral office of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) near Pakistan`s commercial hub Karachi, injuring 10 people ahead of the May 11 general elections.
Initial reports suggest the political office, set up for election campaigning in the city`s NA-250 constituency, was the target of suspected terrorists. Several party activists are among the injured.
"The MQM office is located in a lane close to the Fresco roundaround where a few metres away the food street is located so as soon as the blast took place there was lot of panic and fear and the food street and markets have now closed down as rescue operations continue," a police official said.
Injured are being shifted to nearby Civil Hospital.
This is the fourth bomb attack on a MQM office since last week when three blasts took place in North Nazimabad and Orangi Town areas while in a fourth incident a election office of the Awami National Party was also bombed.
The outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban have vowed to target these parties in the run up to the elections because of their secular policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack