10 killed in accident in Nepal
Kathmandu: Ten people, including the driver, were killed when a jeep veered off the road Tuesday and fell some 500 metres down a steep mountainside in a remote area of Nepal, police said.
The accident took place in Dhaulaphat in Uttari Lekhapanta VDC in mid-western Nepal. Six passengers were injured and are undergoing treatment at Beni Hospital.
"Eight of the passengers died on the spot while two succumbed while they were being rushed to hospital," Inspector Pradeep Singh of Myagdi police office told Xinhua.
Seven among the 10 dead have been identified so far. The passenger jeep was heading to Beni, the headquarters of Myagdi district, from Nagi in the same district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand