10 killed in accident in Nepal
Kathmandu: Ten people, including the driver, were killed when a jeep veered off the road Tuesday and fell some 500 metres down a steep mountainside in a remote area of Nepal, police said.
The accident took place in Dhaulaphat in Uttari Lekhapanta VDC in mid-western Nepal. Six passengers were injured and are undergoing treatment at Beni Hospital.
"Eight of the passengers died on the spot while two succumbed while they were being rushed to hospital," Inspector Pradeep Singh of Myagdi police office told Xinhua.
Seven among the 10 dead have been identified so far. The passenger jeep was heading to Beni, the headquarters of Myagdi district, from Nagi in the same district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet