10 killed in blasts across Pakistan
Lahore/Peshawar: Bomb blasts rocked four major Pakistani cities on Thursday, killing 10 people, including three terrorists, and injuring more than 60 others.
In the deadliest attack, a bomb attached to a motorcycle went off outside a police station in Quetta, the capital of the restive Balochistan province. Six persons, including a child, were killed and 35 others injured.
Home Secretary Asad Gilani said women and children were among the injured. The bomb disposal squad said an estimated six kilograms of explosives were used in the attack. Nearby buildings were damaged by the explosion.
Earlier, a person was killed by a low-intensity blast in a food market in Lahore, the capital of Punjab province.
According to Deputy Inspector General of Police Rai Tahir, a timed device planted in the ground floor of a three-storey building in Old Anarkali food street went off around noon.
Three suspected terrorists were killed when explosive materials they were carrying on motorcycles exploded near a religious congregation in Mangopir area of Karachi.
Initial media reports said there were three suicide attacks on the congregation but senior police officials clarified only three suspected terrorists were killed in a blast.
Three security personnel, including a police officer, were injured in an explosion on the Ring Road in Peshawar. In the evening, 12 soldiers were injured when a security forces vehicle was targeted with a remote-controlled bomb in Bannu area of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India