10 killed in Karachi after first monsoon shower
Islamabad: At least ten people died in roof collapse or were electrocuted in different areas in the Pakistani port city of Karachi after the first monsoon shower, media reported Sunday.
The rain wreaked havoc in the city Saturday, causing a power breakdown and choking the drainage system in almost every district under the municipal administration and cantonment authorities, Dawn online reported.
Police, hospital sources and rescue workers said a total of 10 deaths have occurred in the rain-related incidents.
The Met Office forecast more rain for the city within the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in