10 killed in Karachi train collision
Karachi: A passenger rail rammed into a
goods train coming from opposite direction after its driver
apparently missed a signal in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi,
killing at least 10 people and injuring 35 others on Tuesday.
Allama Iqbal Express collided head-on with Super Parcel
Express near Jumma Goth railway station.
Quoting senior railway official Aftab Memon, Geo TV
reported that the driver of Allama Iqbal Express crossed the
train despite not receiving the signal and rammed into goods
train coming from the opposite direction.
Local media reported that at least 10 people were killed
and 35 others injured in the accident.
According to hospital sources, the injured included women
Rescue workers and local residents helped pull passengers
out of the mangled bogies of the Allama Iqbal Express.
Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah expressed grief over
the incident. A high-level committee has also been formed to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video