10 killed in Karachi train collision
Karachi: A passenger rail rammed into a
goods train coming from opposite direction after its driver
apparently missed a signal in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi,
killing at least 10 people and injuring 35 others on Tuesday.
Allama Iqbal Express collided head-on with Super Parcel
Express near Jumma Goth railway station.
Quoting senior railway official Aftab Memon, Geo TV
reported that the driver of Allama Iqbal Express crossed the
train despite not receiving the signal and rammed into goods
train coming from the opposite direction.
Local media reported that at least 10 people were killed
and 35 others injured in the accident.
According to hospital sources, the injured included women
Rescue workers and local residents helped pull passengers
out of the mangled bogies of the Allama Iqbal Express.
Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah expressed grief over
the incident. A high-level committee has also been formed to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Oops! Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah gets kissed by woman in public — Watch video
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader
- Government allows airlines to import up to 18 year old planes