10 killed in Karachi train collision
Karachi: A passenger rail rammed into a
goods train coming from opposite direction after its driver
apparently missed a signal in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi,
killing at least 10 people and injuring 35 others on Tuesday.
Allama Iqbal Express collided head-on with Super Parcel
Express near Jumma Goth railway station.
Quoting senior railway official Aftab Memon, Geo TV
reported that the driver of Allama Iqbal Express crossed the
train despite not receiving the signal and rammed into goods
train coming from the opposite direction.
Local media reported that at least 10 people were killed
and 35 others injured in the accident.
According to hospital sources, the injured included women
Rescue workers and local residents helped pull passengers
out of the mangled bogies of the Allama Iqbal Express.
Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah expressed grief over
the incident. A high-level committee has also been formed to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands