10 killed in US drone strike in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 10 people were killed
and several others injured in an attack on Tuesday by a US drone in
Pakistan`s volatile North Waziristan tribal region, the second
such strike in the area in as many days.
The drone fired at least two missiles at a house near
Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan Agency, officials
were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
The identity of those killed in the missile strike
could not be immediately ascertained.
Local residents said some of the injured were in a
serious condition. They said they had seen drones hovering
over various areas in North Waziristan since yesterday.
Five persons, all of them suspected Uzbek militants,
were killed and several others injured yesterday when a US
drone carried out an attack near Mir Ali, a key town in North
US drones have carried out scores of attacks in
Pakistan’s tribal belt since last year, including one on
August 5 that killed Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!