10 killed in US drone strike in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 10 people were killed
and several others injured in an attack on Tuesday by a US drone in
Pakistan`s volatile North Waziristan tribal region, the second
such strike in the area in as many days.
The drone fired at least two missiles at a house near
Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan Agency, officials
were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
The identity of those killed in the missile strike
could not be immediately ascertained.
Local residents said some of the injured were in a
serious condition. They said they had seen drones hovering
over various areas in North Waziristan since yesterday.
Five persons, all of them suspected Uzbek militants,
were killed and several others injured yesterday when a US
drone carried out an attack near Mir Ali, a key town in North
US drones have carried out scores of attacks in
Pakistan’s tribal belt since last year, including one on
August 5 that killed Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?