10 militants, 3 soldiers killed in Pak clashes
Islamabad: Three soldiers and 10 militants were killed in clashes in the Khyber tribal district of
northwest Pakistan, a day after a suicide bombing in a mosque in the region left over 50 people dead.
Pro-Taliban militants ambushed a security forces convoy yesterday in Akakhel area of Khyber Agency and killed three soldiers.
Seven soldiers were injured in the attack, officials told the media.
The security forces killed 10 militants and injured five others in retaliatory action, the officials said.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The Taliban and the Lashkar-e-Islam are active in Khyber Agency. The Pakistan Army has carried out several operations against militants in the region.
On Friday, a suicide bomber blew himself up inside a mosque in Jamrud area of Khyber Agency, killing over 50 worshippers and injuring 120 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir