10 militants, 3 soldiers killed in Pak clashes
Islamabad: Three soldiers and 10 militants were killed in clashes in the Khyber tribal district of
northwest Pakistan, a day after a suicide bombing in a mosque in the region left over 50 people dead.
Pro-Taliban militants ambushed a security forces convoy yesterday in Akakhel area of Khyber Agency and killed three soldiers.
Seven soldiers were injured in the attack, officials told the media.
The security forces killed 10 militants and injured five others in retaliatory action, the officials said.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The Taliban and the Lashkar-e-Islam are active in Khyber Agency. The Pakistan Army has carried out several operations against militants in the region.
On Friday, a suicide bomber blew himself up inside a mosque in Jamrud area of Khyber Agency, killing over 50 worshippers and injuring 120 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players