10 militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: At least 10 militants were killed and 20 injured during a military operation by Afghan security forces in the country`s Helmand province, authorities said on Thursday.
"Afghan Army and police started a military operation in Fatie Mohammad Paich and other areas of the Sangin district of Helmand province on Wednesday," Xinhua quoted authorities as saying in a statement, while adding that the security forces killed 10 armed insurgents and wounded 20.
The operation was on till last update in the province, notorious for growing poppy and as Taliban hotbed.
The statement said the Army specialists had defused 71 improvised explosive devices (IEDs), and a motorcycles bomb.
There was no immediate comment from the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH