10 militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: At least 10 militants were killed and 20 injured during a military operation by Afghan security forces in the country`s Helmand province, authorities said on Thursday.
"Afghan Army and police started a military operation in Fatie Mohammad Paich and other areas of the Sangin district of Helmand province on Wednesday," Xinhua quoted authorities as saying in a statement, while adding that the security forces killed 10 armed insurgents and wounded 20.
The operation was on till last update in the province, notorious for growing poppy and as Taliban hotbed.
The statement said the Army specialists had defused 71 improvised explosive devices (IEDs), and a motorcycles bomb.
There was no immediate comment from the Taliban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details