10 militants killed in clashes in Balochistan
Islamabad: Ten militants, including two commanders, were killed and several more injured in a clash with troops in Pakistan`s restive Balochistan province today, officials said.
The clash began militants ambushed a Frontier Corps convoy that was on a routine patrol in Dokob area of Mand district, a spokesman said.
The Frontier Corps personnel repulsed?the attack and shot 10 militants while several others suffered injuries. Two militant commanders were among the dead, the spokesman claimed.
Soon after the incident, Frontier Corps personnel launched a search operation in the area.
Baloch nationalist groups and the Taliban are active in Balochistan. Several nationalist groups are waging a campaign for greater autonomy and a say in the exploitation of the province`s abundant natural resources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’