10 militants killed in Pak anti-Taliban operation
Islamabad: Pakistani security forces and
members of a tribal militia killed 10 Taliban militants in the
country`s restive northwest while 17 rebels were captured
during search and clearance operations in Malakand division,
reports said on Thursday.
Three militants were killed and five more injured during
a skirmish with a lashkar or militia in Upper Dir district,
which is part of Malakand division. Three members of the
Lashkar were also injured in the action.
The Lashkar, which is advancing towards the
militant-occupied area of Ghazigai, captured two hideouts and
seized a cache of arms in Dog Darra.
The Lashkar, which was raised after the Taliban carried
out a suicide attack on a mosque, is being backed by the
In the volatile Swat valley, security forces killed four
militants and apprehended six suspects during a gun battle
near Kabal, a former Taliban stronghold.
Troops also seized a cache of weapons, including 20
pistols, 15 rifles, six light machine guns, mortar rounds, an
IED and ammunition, in the same area.
Troops killed two militants during a search in Amankot,
also located in Swat. Security forces killed a militant and
apprehended two more near Jambil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick