10 militants killed in Pak anti-Taliban operation
Islamabad: Pakistani security forces and
members of a tribal militia killed 10 Taliban militants in the
country`s restive northwest while 17 rebels were captured
during search and clearance operations in Malakand division,
reports said on Thursday.
Three militants were killed and five more injured during
a skirmish with a lashkar or militia in Upper Dir district,
which is part of Malakand division. Three members of the
Lashkar were also injured in the action.
The Lashkar, which is advancing towards the
militant-occupied area of Ghazigai, captured two hideouts and
seized a cache of arms in Dog Darra.
The Lashkar, which was raised after the Taliban carried
out a suicide attack on a mosque, is being backed by the
In the volatile Swat valley, security forces killed four
militants and apprehended six suspects during a gun battle
near Kabal, a former Taliban stronghold.
Troops also seized a cache of weapons, including 20
pistols, 15 rifles, six light machine guns, mortar rounds, an
IED and ammunition, in the same area.
Troops killed two militants during a search in Amankot,
also located in Swat. Security forces killed a militant and
apprehended two more near Jambil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say