10 Pakistani pilgrims killed in bus crash in Saudi Arabia
Dubai: Ten Pakistani pilgrims were killed
and 23 others were injured when their bus crashed near Jeddah city in Saudi Arabia.
The accident occurred yesterday near Jeddah on the road linking the holy cities of Makkah and Medina, the Saudi Gazette reported Sunday.
The passengers were on an Umrah or a smaller
pilgrimage, and the bus overturned some five kms from Wadi
Qadid, north of Jeddah.
The accident left 10 persons dead and 23 injured.
Rescue workers, who rushed to the site, had to cut
through the mangled remains of the bus to retrieve the injured
passengers, the paper said.
The hospitals in the vicinity of the accident declared
a state of emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday