10 workers killed in mine accident in China
Beijing: At least 10 workers have been killed after a platform overturned in a coal mine in northwest China`s Gansu Province.
The accident took place at the Huacaotan Coal Mine in Zhangye City on Thursday night.
The last deceased worker was lifted from a deep shaft earlier today after rescuers pumped water from the bottom of the shaft, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The workers fell off the platform after it overturned more than 200 metres above the bottom of the shaft, which was inundated by deep water, authorities said.
The coal mine, which was under construction when the accident happened, belongs to Zhangye Hongneng Coal Industry Ltd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers