10 workers killed in mine accident in China
Beijing: At least 10 workers have been killed after a platform overturned in a coal mine in northwest China`s Gansu Province.
The accident took place at the Huacaotan Coal Mine in Zhangye City on Thursday night.
The last deceased worker was lifted from a deep shaft earlier today after rescuers pumped water from the bottom of the shaft, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The workers fell off the platform after it overturned more than 200 metres above the bottom of the shaft, which was inundated by deep water, authorities said.
The coal mine, which was under construction when the accident happened, belongs to Zhangye Hongneng Coal Industry Ltd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?