10 workers killed in mine accident in China
Beijing: At least 10 workers have been killed after a platform overturned in a coal mine in northwest China`s Gansu Province.
The accident took place at the Huacaotan Coal Mine in Zhangye City on Thursday night.
The last deceased worker was lifted from a deep shaft earlier today after rescuers pumped water from the bottom of the shaft, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The workers fell off the platform after it overturned more than 200 metres above the bottom of the shaft, which was inundated by deep water, authorities said.
The coal mine, which was under construction when the accident happened, belongs to Zhangye Hongneng Coal Industry Ltd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi