100 Taliban militants give up fighting
Kabul: One hundred Taliban fighters have laid down arms in Afghanistan and joined a government-backed peace process, an official said on Tuesday.
The militants laid down their arms Monday in Qalai Now, the capital of Badghis province, some 550 km from Kabul, Xinhua reported.
Provincial government spokesman Sharafudin Majidi told reporters that the militants were active in Qadis and Muqar districts of the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video