100 Taliban militants give up fighting
Kabul: One hundred Taliban fighters have laid down arms in Afghanistan and joined a government-backed peace process, an official said on Tuesday.
The militants laid down their arms Monday in Qalai Now, the capital of Badghis province, some 550 km from Kabul, Xinhua reported.
Provincial government spokesman Sharafudin Majidi told reporters that the militants were active in Qadis and Muqar districts of the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog