100 Taliban militants give up fighting
Kabul: One hundred Taliban fighters have laid down arms in Afghanistan and joined a government-backed peace process, an official said on Tuesday.
The militants laid down their arms Monday in Qalai Now, the capital of Badghis province, some 550 km from Kabul, Xinhua reported.
Provincial government spokesman Sharafudin Majidi told reporters that the militants were active in Qadis and Muqar districts of the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter