103 countries to attend Sri Lankan youth conference
Colombo: A total of 103 countries have confirmed their participation in the World Conference on Youth (WCY) to be hosted by Sri Lanka next month, the country`s youth ministry stated Tuesday.
The confirmed list of invitees include senior ministers and senior government officials from over 40 countries, national youth delegates representing 103 nations and over 300 youth delegates representing various civil society movements, Xinhua reported.
President of the UN General Assembly John William Ashe, UN Secretary-General`s Special Envoy on Youth Ahmad Alhendawi and several other heads of UN agencies have confirmed their participation in WCY 2014.
WCY 2014 will be held May 6-9 in Colombo.
The theme of WCY 2014 is "Mainstreaming Youth in the Post-2015 Development Agenda".
"The conference is expected to bring together 1,500 participants, half of them young people aged 18 to 29, and 350 of them will come from marginalised backgrounds, making the conference one of the most well represented youth events at global level," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure