103 countries to attend Sri Lankan youth conference
Colombo: A total of 103 countries have confirmed their participation in the World Conference on Youth (WCY) to be hosted by Sri Lanka next month, the country`s youth ministry stated Tuesday.
The confirmed list of invitees include senior ministers and senior government officials from over 40 countries, national youth delegates representing 103 nations and over 300 youth delegates representing various civil society movements, Xinhua reported.
President of the UN General Assembly John William Ashe, UN Secretary-General`s Special Envoy on Youth Ahmad Alhendawi and several other heads of UN agencies have confirmed their participation in WCY 2014.
WCY 2014 will be held May 6-9 in Colombo.
The theme of WCY 2014 is "Mainstreaming Youth in the Post-2015 Development Agenda".
"The conference is expected to bring together 1,500 participants, half of them young people aged 18 to 29, and 350 of them will come from marginalised backgrounds, making the conference one of the most well represented youth events at global level," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi