11 militants held in Pak`s swat valley
Islamabad: Pakistani troops captured 11
militants during search operations in the restive Swat valley
while four soldiers were injured when militants raided a
security forces camp in the tribal belt, authorities said on Monday.
Ten militants were captured by troops during a search
operation at Baqi Banda and Dhand in Swat. Another militant
was apprehended during a search operation at Aligrama, the
military said in a statement.
Five more militants surrendered to security forces at
Darmai, Bar Shaur and Alamganj in Swat. Some relatives of a
militant commander were captured during a search operation in
Mingora, the main city in Swat.
In the North Waziristan tribal region, four soldiers were
injured when militants armed with rockets and small arms
attacked a security forces at Razmak.
Militants also targeted a check post at Wana in South
Waziristan Agency with rockets but the attack was beaten back
by troops, the military said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'