11 militants held in Pak`s swat valley
Islamabad: Pakistani troops captured 11
militants during search operations in the restive Swat valley
while four soldiers were injured when militants raided a
security forces camp in the tribal belt, authorities said on Monday.
Ten militants were captured by troops during a search
operation at Baqi Banda and Dhand in Swat. Another militant
was apprehended during a search operation at Aligrama, the
military said in a statement.
Five more militants surrendered to security forces at
Darmai, Bar Shaur and Alamganj in Swat. Some relatives of a
militant commander were captured during a search operation in
Mingora, the main city in Swat.
In the North Waziristan tribal region, four soldiers were
injured when militants armed with rockets and small arms
attacked a security forces at Razmak.
Militants also targeted a check post at Wana in South
Waziristan Agency with rockets but the attack was beaten back
by troops, the military said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16