11 militants killed in Afghanistan: ISAF
Kabul: Eleven militants have been killed in three separate operations in Afghanistan, the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said Sunday.
"An Afghan and coalition security force killed five extremists and wounded another during an operation in search of a senior Taliban leader in Muhammad Aghah district, Logar province (60 km from Kabul), yesterday," reported Xinhua citing ISAF in a release.
The militant leader is responsible for planning, enabling and executing attacks against Afghan and coalition forces throughout the Muhammad Aghah and Kabul districts, it added.
In addition, the joint forces also killed four militants and wounded one in Paktiya province, 100 km from Kabul Saturday, it noted. Two other militants were killed in a separate raid in Logar province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Mizoram HSLC Board Results 2016 declared: MBSE HSLC Class 10 exam Results available at mbse.edu.in
- One dead, three injured in building collapse in old Delhi
- Prince 'diagnosed with AIDS' months before his death?
- Seer Trikal Bhavanta, who threatened to take 'samadhi' during Simhastha Kumbh, arrested
- VIDEO: That's huge! Watch 11 biggest sixes in Indian Premier League history ever