11 militants killed in Afghanistan: ISAF
Kabul: Eleven militants have been killed in three separate operations in Afghanistan, the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said Sunday.
"An Afghan and coalition security force killed five extremists and wounded another during an operation in search of a senior Taliban leader in Muhammad Aghah district, Logar province (60 km from Kabul), yesterday," reported Xinhua citing ISAF in a release.
The militant leader is responsible for planning, enabling and executing attacks against Afghan and coalition forces throughout the Muhammad Aghah and Kabul districts, it added.
In addition, the joint forces also killed four militants and wounded one in Paktiya province, 100 km from Kabul Saturday, it noted. Two other militants were killed in a separate raid in Logar province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price