11 of family die of suffocation in Pakistan

 A total of 11 members of a family died due to a gas leak from a heater in a southwest province of Pakistan Thursday morning, local media reported.

Islamabad: A total of 11 members of a family died due to a gas leak from a heater in a southwest province of Pakistan Thursday morning, local media reported.

The 11 people were sleeping in the same room when the faulty heater started emitting gas, suffocating them all to death, Xinhua news agency reported citing ARY News.

The dead included three women, seven children and a man, said the report.

The incident happened in Karbala area of Pishin district in the country`s southwest Balochistan province.

Pishin is in the grip of chilly Siberian winds these days that brought the mercury down to minus 9 degrees in the district.

To combat the harsh weather conditions, residents arrange heating systems including gas heaters to keep their houses warm which sometimes results in tragedies of this kind.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close