11 Taliban, four Afghan security men killed
Parun: Eleven Taliban militants and four security personnel were killed in a clash between Taliban and the security forces in Afghanistan`s Nuristan province, an official said Sunday.
"Units of Afghan National Army and police raided Taliban hideouts in Kamdish district Saturday afternoon and the operations, which ended this morning, left 11 Taliban rebels dead," army spokesman Mohammad Haroon told Xinhua.
He also admitted that an Afghan soldier and three policemen were killed in the conflict which lasted for several hours in the district, 180 km east of the Afghan capital of Kabul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore