11 Taliban, four Afghan security men killed
Parun: Eleven Taliban militants and four security personnel were killed in a clash between Taliban and the security forces in Afghanistan`s Nuristan province, an official said Sunday.
"Units of Afghan National Army and police raided Taliban hideouts in Kamdish district Saturday afternoon and the operations, which ended this morning, left 11 Taliban rebels dead," army spokesman Mohammad Haroon told Xinhua.
He also admitted that an Afghan soldier and three policemen were killed in the conflict which lasted for several hours in the district, 180 km east of the Afghan capital of Kabul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured