12 inmates including 5 Indians in Nepal jailbreak
Kathmandu: At least a dozen prisoners including five Indians have managed to escape from a regional prison in southern Nepal by digging a tunnel.
Seven Nepalese and five Indian inmates in the custody of Eastern Regional Prison of Sunsari district, fled the prison by digging a tunnel last night, according to the Central Police News Room.
Most of them were charged with abduction, murder, running fake currency racket and looting.
The police came to know about the jailbreak only this morning during regular checking, police sources said.
The jail administration has launched a manhunt to nab the escaped prisoners, according to Chief District Officer Laxman Kumar Thapa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar