12 inmates including 5 Indians in Nepal jailbreak
Kathmandu: At least a dozen prisoners including five Indians have managed to escape from a regional prison in southern Nepal by digging a tunnel.
Seven Nepalese and five Indian inmates in the custody of Eastern Regional Prison of Sunsari district, fled the prison by digging a tunnel last night, according to the Central Police News Room.
Most of them were charged with abduction, murder, running fake currency racket and looting.
The police came to know about the jailbreak only this morning during regular checking, police sources said.
The jail administration has launched a manhunt to nab the escaped prisoners, according to Chief District Officer Laxman Kumar Thapa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand