12 inmates including 5 Indians in Nepal jailbreak
Kathmandu: At least a dozen prisoners including five Indians have managed to escape from a regional prison in southern Nepal by digging a tunnel.
Seven Nepalese and five Indian inmates in the custody of Eastern Regional Prison of Sunsari district, fled the prison by digging a tunnel last night, according to the Central Police News Room.
Most of them were charged with abduction, murder, running fake currency racket and looting.
The police came to know about the jailbreak only this morning during regular checking, police sources said.
The jail administration has launched a manhunt to nab the escaped prisoners, according to Chief District Officer Laxman Kumar Thapa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players