12 inmates including 5 Indians in Nepal jailbreak
Kathmandu: At least a dozen prisoners including five Indians have managed to escape from a regional prison in southern Nepal by digging a tunnel.
Seven Nepalese and five Indian inmates in the custody of Eastern Regional Prison of Sunsari district, fled the prison by digging a tunnel last night, according to the Central Police News Room.
Most of them were charged with abduction, murder, running fake currency racket and looting.
The police came to know about the jailbreak only this morning during regular checking, police sources said.
The jail administration has launched a manhunt to nab the escaped prisoners, according to Chief District Officer Laxman Kumar Thapa.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note