12 inmates including 5 Indians in Nepal jailbreak
Kathmandu: At least a dozen prisoners including five Indians have managed to escape from a regional prison in southern Nepal by digging a tunnel.
Seven Nepalese and five Indian inmates in the custody of Eastern Regional Prison of Sunsari district, fled the prison by digging a tunnel last night, according to the Central Police News Room.
Most of them were charged with abduction, murder, running fake currency racket and looting.
The police came to know about the jailbreak only this morning during regular checking, police sources said.
The jail administration has launched a manhunt to nab the escaped prisoners, according to Chief District Officer Laxman Kumar Thapa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!