12 militants killed in back-to-back US drone attacks
Islamabad: At least 12 Taliban militants
were killed on Wednesday in two back-to-back US drone strikes on a
terrorist training compound in Pakistan`s restive North
Waziristan tribal region, the fifth such attack in a week.
A drone fired two missiles at the militant training
centre at Sunzali in Dattakhel sub-division of North
Waziristan in the first attack.
Seven people were killed, officials were quoted as
saying by TV news channels. The second attack was carried out
as militants were sifting through the debris of the compound
and pulling out bodies.
At least five militants were killed in this attack.
Reports said two foreigners were among the dead.
Several persons were also believed to be injured in
the two strikes. US drone attacks have focussed on North
Waziristan since the Pakistan Army launched an offensive
against the Taliban in neighbouring South Waziristan in
October last year.
Hundreds of people, including top militant commanders
like Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah Mehsud, have
been killed in drone attacks since the middle of last year.
Pakistan describes the attacks as a violation of its
sovereignty and counter-productive for the war on terror.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray