125 kg explosives seized in Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistani police have averted a major terror plot by seizing 125 kg of explosives concealed in a car in the federal capital here, officials said.
The explosives were concealed in the gas cylinder and secret compartments of a Suzuki Alto car that was parked in a house in the Bara Kahu area, media reports said.
The non-customs paid Alto was seized yesterday.
A major terror incident has been averted, police said.
The house owner has been arrested and is being interrogated at a police centre, they said, adding that further investigation is on.
Earlier this month, a would-be suicide bomber was shot dead in a mosque in the same area.
His explosive-laden vest had failed to explode after which he opened fire but was shot dead by private security guards posted there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested