125 kg explosives seized in Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistani police have averted a major terror plot by seizing 125 kg of explosives concealed in a car in the federal capital here, officials said.
The explosives were concealed in the gas cylinder and secret compartments of a Suzuki Alto car that was parked in a house in the Bara Kahu area, media reports said.
The non-customs paid Alto was seized yesterday.
A major terror incident has been averted, police said.
The house owner has been arrested and is being interrogated at a police centre, they said, adding that further investigation is on.
Earlier this month, a would-be suicide bomber was shot dead in a mosque in the same area.
His explosive-laden vest had failed to explode after which he opened fire but was shot dead by private security guards posted there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead