13 killed in Karachi factory fire
Islamabad: At least 13 people, including two women and a child, were killed and 30 injured in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi Tuesday when a fire broke out in a garment factory, a media report said.
The incident occurred at about 6.00 p.m. in a four-storey factory building in the city`s Baldia town. The fire, which started on the third floor, soon engulfed the second and fourth floors, Xinhua reported.
At least 14 fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames.
The fire was yet to be brought under control and many people remained trapped inside the building till last report.
The cause of the fire was yet to be determined, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune