13 militants die in Pakistan airstrikes
Islamabad: At least 13 militants were killed Wednesday during air strikes carried out in Pakistan`s North Waziristan region.
According to military officials, six militant hideouts were destroyed in the airstrikes in the Shawal mountains and the area near Dattakhel, Dawn online reported.
So far, more than 400 militants, mostly foreigners, have been killed during the Zarb-i-Azb military operation.
The operation was launched by the army June 15 following a brazen Taliban terror attack on Karachi`s Jinnah International Airport June 8.
About 900,000 people from North Waziristan tribal region have been displaced so far in the operation, according to figures released by the FATA Disaster Management Authority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'