13 Taliban militants gunned down in Pak by tribal militia
Peshawar: Thirteen Taliban militants were
gunned down and seven more captured by a `lashkar` or tribal
militia while the rebels were trying to abduct some persons in
northwest Pakistan on Wednesday, official sources said.
Armed members of the lashkar opened fire at two
vehicles in which the militants were travelling to foil the
attempted kidnapping in Barizone area of Kurram tribal region.
The militants belonged to a faction of the banned
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan led by Mullah Toofan.
The lashkar encircled the vehicles from all sides
before firing at the militants. Thirteen rebels were killed
instantly while seven more were captured after being injured.
The captured militants were taken by the militia to an unknown
Local residents said the militants had come to the
area to abduct some persons.
Soon after the clash, the militants mounted an attack
on a security check post at Ghlo Ghundi in Kurram Agency and
injured two security personnel.
The two sides exchanged fire for several hours.
In a separate development, 38 pro-Taliban militants,
including one of the most wanted rebels in the Bajaur tribal
region, surrendered to the government in northwest Pakistan
today, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy