13 Taliban militants gunned down in Pak by tribal militia
Peshawar: Thirteen Taliban militants were
gunned down and seven more captured by a `lashkar` or tribal
militia while the rebels were trying to abduct some persons in
northwest Pakistan on Wednesday, official sources said.
Armed members of the lashkar opened fire at two
vehicles in which the militants were travelling to foil the
attempted kidnapping in Barizone area of Kurram tribal region.
The militants belonged to a faction of the banned
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan led by Mullah Toofan.
The lashkar encircled the vehicles from all sides
before firing at the militants. Thirteen rebels were killed
instantly while seven more were captured after being injured.
The captured militants were taken by the militia to an unknown
Local residents said the militants had come to the
area to abduct some persons.
Soon after the clash, the militants mounted an attack
on a security check post at Ghlo Ghundi in Kurram Agency and
injured two security personnel.
The two sides exchanged fire for several hours.
In a separate development, 38 pro-Taliban militants,
including one of the most wanted rebels in the Bajaur tribal
region, surrendered to the government in northwest Pakistan
today, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev