14 Afghan soldiers, 64 Taliban killed: Officials
Kabul: The government says 14 Afghan soldiers and 64 Taliban militants have been killed in fighting and roadside bombings across the country in the past 24 hours.
The Ministry of Defense said today the casualties include 10 Taliban fighters killed in a single operation in Wardak province, west of Kabul. Three soldiers were killed in Wardak by artillery fire and roadside bombs.
Seven more soldiers were killed in Helmand province by roadside bombs, and four others were killed in other attacks across the country.
The Defense Ministry said 27 Taliban were killed, while the Interior Ministry reported 37 killed but no police casualties.
The Afghan army and police, which took over security operations from NATO-led coalition forces this year, have lost 927 troops through June, according to an Associated Press count.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened