14 killed in blast near Pakistan-Afghan border
Islamabad: At least 14 people, including three women and two children, were killed while seven others injured after a landmine blast occurred in the border town of Chaman Sunday, Geo News reported.
According to sources, the landmine exploded when a tractor trolley drove over it in the Tooba Achakzai area near the Pak-Afghan border.
Local residents from the border area were travelling to Tooba Achakzai when the incident took place, said a police official.
Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf strongly condemned the blast while condoling the bereaved families.
While directing authorities to provide immediate and best medical facilities to the injured, Ashraf asked the provincial administration to ensure such incidents do not reoccur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?