14 killed in Pakistan bus crash: Officials
Peshawar: At least 14 people were killed and
40 others injured when the bus they were travelling in plunged
into a ravine in northwestern Pakistan on Wednesday, officials said.
The bus was travelling from the southern port city of
Karachi to Thah Kot in the mountainous Kohistan region when it
fell into a 40-metre ravine near Battagram town, local
administration chief Musarrat Hussain said.
"It appears that its brakes failed while the bus was
descending on a zigzag road," he said to a news agency.
The dead included three women and five children, he said.
"We have received 14 bodies and 40 injured, some of them
are in a serious condition," local hospital chief Mehbub-ur
Pakistan has the world`s third-highest death rate from
traffic accidents, blamed on poor roads and reckless driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!
- 'Spit remark' on PV Sindhu's achievements: Director says fans didn't get his satire, gets TROLLED again
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!