14 militants killed in US drone attacks in Pak
Peshawar: In a major strike, US drones fired
missiles at a suspected Al Qaeda hideout in Pakistan`s
volatile North Waziristan tribal region killing at least 13
militants and wounding several others.
The unmanned drones fired two missiles at a militant
compound at Inzar Kalay, 30 km east of Miranshah, the main
town of North Waziristan Agency.
Thirteen bodies were pulled of the debris of the house
and the death toll could rise, security sources said.
At least three drones were seen hovering the area after
the attack, local residents said.
The sources said that most of the militants killed were
"foreigners"- a term used by Pakistani security agencies for
Al Qaeda operatives. The nationalities of the victims or
whether any high value targets were hit was not immediately
This was the first major strike by US drones in the area
since June 11, when the UAV`s fired a volley of missiles to
kill 14 militants.
US drones have repeatedly struck the lawless tribal
region, a haven for Taliban and Al Qaida elements, since a
suicide bomber linked to the Pakistani Taliban killed seven
CIA operatives at a forward base in neighbouring Khost
province of Afghanistan.
Last month, Al Qaida number three Mustafa Abu al-Yazid
was believed to have been killed in a drone strike in North
There have been about 70 drone strikes in North and South
Waziristan this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read