15 militants, 3 securitymen killed in clashes in Pak
Islamabad: At least 15 militants and three security personnel were killed in a skirmish in the restive Kurram tribal region of northwest Pakistan today.
An officer was among the three dead security personnel, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
The clash occurred in Manatoo area of Kurram Agency.
Two security personnel were injured in the incident, the report said.
The Taliban is active in Kurram Agency, which has witnessed fierce clashes between rival Shia and Sunni tribesmen in recent years.
Shia leaders have accused the banned Pakistani Taliban of backing the Sunni tribesmen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them