15 militants, 4 security personnel killed in Pak clash
Peshawar: Fifteen militants and four security personnel were killed during an operation to flush out terrorists from the restive Khyber tribal region of northwest Pakistan, officials said on Saturday.
The clash broke out when the security personnel were conducting an operation in Zao Kharmatang area in Khyber Agency last night.
The security forces engaged in a gunbattle with the terrorists in which 15 militants and four security personnel were killed, officials said.
The operation named Khyber-2 was launched yesterday to clear the area of terrorists and criminal hideouts. Troops have so far cleared Surgarh and Shergarh heights.
Two hideouts of terrorists were also destroyed in the operation.
Several banned organisations, including the Taliban, are active in Khyber Agency and the army recently carried out an operation in the region to flush out militants who had captured strategic heights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred