15 militants, 4 security personnel killed in Pak clash
Peshawar: Fifteen militants and four security personnel were killed during an operation to flush out terrorists from the restive Khyber tribal region of northwest Pakistan, officials said on Saturday.
The clash broke out when the security personnel were conducting an operation in Zao Kharmatang area in Khyber Agency last night.
The security forces engaged in a gunbattle with the terrorists in which 15 militants and four security personnel were killed, officials said.
The operation named Khyber-2 was launched yesterday to clear the area of terrorists and criminal hideouts. Troops have so far cleared Surgarh and Shergarh heights.
Two hideouts of terrorists were also destroyed in the operation.
Several banned organisations, including the Taliban, are active in Khyber Agency and the army recently carried out an operation in the region to flush out militants who had captured strategic heights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!