15 militants, 4 security personnel killed in Pak clash
Peshawar: Fifteen militants and four security personnel were killed during an operation to flush out terrorists from the restive Khyber tribal region of northwest Pakistan, officials said on Saturday.
The clash broke out when the security personnel were conducting an operation in Zao Kharmatang area in Khyber Agency last night.
The security forces engaged in a gunbattle with the terrorists in which 15 militants and four security personnel were killed, officials said.
The operation named Khyber-2 was launched yesterday to clear the area of terrorists and criminal hideouts. Troops have so far cleared Surgarh and Shergarh heights.
Two hideouts of terrorists were also destroyed in the operation.
Several banned organisations, including the Taliban, are active in Khyber Agency and the army recently carried out an operation in the region to flush out militants who had captured strategic heights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'