15 militants killed in Pak
Peshawar/Islamabad: Fifteen militants and
a soldier were killed in fresh clashes in Pakistan`s tribal
areas bordering Afghanistan as troops continued their push
against Taliban strongholds in Waziristan, authorities said on Thursday.
Security forces killed 10 militants in intense clashes
in Bara sub-division of the Khyber tribal region.
Officials of the Frontier Corps said the clashes
erupted while troops were conducting a search operation in Baz
Ghara area of Bara.
Many militants were injured and four rebel hideouts
were destroyed during the action.
A large quantity of arms and ammunition was also
seized, the officials said.
Troops have been conducting operations against the
banned Lashkar-e-Islam in Bara, the main route for truck
ferrying supplies to US and NATO forces in Afghanistan.
In South Waziristan tribal region, a soldier was
killed and another injured during a skirmish at Khassadar
ridge in Shakai sector.
Five militants were killed near Kaniguram in the same
sector, the military said.
Troops destroyed the houses of several militants at
Barwand in Shakai sector, including the home of commander
Wali-ur-Rehman, a key lieutenant of Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan
chief Hakimullah Mehsud.
In Razmak sector of Waziristan, troops captured a
suspect near Mana and cleared several militant-held villages.
The troops also uncovered an ammunition factory, a
50-foot tunnel and 10 bunkers built by the Taliban.
Security forces also cleared 30 militant-held
compounds at several places in Jandola sector. In the
northwestern Swat valley, security forces captured three
suspects at several places while a militant surrendered to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal