15 militants killed in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 15 militants were killed Thursday when Pakistani fighter jets targeted their hideouts in the country`s northwest tribal region, a media report said.
The jet fighters pounded five houses believed to be the hideouts of Taliban militants in Mamozai area of Orakzai along the Afghan border, Xinhua reported.
Geo News said hideouts in Kalam Khel, Arghanju and Lundo Qamar were also targeted.
The identities of those killed were not known.
This was the second operation in as many days. On Wednesday, eight militants were killed in a similar air strike.
At least 58 militants have been killed and 11 hideouts destroyed in air raids this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state