15 militants killed in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 15 militants were killed Thursday when Pakistani fighter jets targeted their hideouts in the country`s northwest tribal region, a media report said.
The jet fighters pounded five houses believed to be the hideouts of Taliban militants in Mamozai area of Orakzai along the Afghan border, Xinhua reported.
Geo News said hideouts in Kalam Khel, Arghanju and Lundo Qamar were also targeted.
The identities of those killed were not known.
This was the second operation in as many days. On Wednesday, eight militants were killed in a similar air strike.
At least 58 militants have been killed and 11 hideouts destroyed in air raids this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion