15 militants killed in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 15 militants were killed Thursday when Pakistani fighter jets targeted their hideouts in the country`s northwest tribal region, a media report said.
The jet fighters pounded five houses believed to be the hideouts of Taliban militants in Mamozai area of Orakzai along the Afghan border, Xinhua reported.
Geo News said hideouts in Kalam Khel, Arghanju and Lundo Qamar were also targeted.
The identities of those killed were not known.
This was the second operation in as many days. On Wednesday, eight militants were killed in a similar air strike.
At least 58 militants have been killed and 11 hideouts destroyed in air raids this year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know