15 militants killed in Pakistan
Islamabad: At least 15 militants were killed Thursday when Pakistani fighter jets targeted their hideouts in the country`s northwest tribal region, a media report said.
The jet fighters pounded five houses believed to be the hideouts of Taliban militants in Mamozai area of Orakzai along the Afghan border, Xinhua reported.
Geo News said hideouts in Kalam Khel, Arghanju and Lundo Qamar were also targeted.
The identities of those killed were not known.
This was the second operation in as many days. On Wednesday, eight militants were killed in a similar air strike.
At least 58 militants have been killed and 11 hideouts destroyed in air raids this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership