15 school children killed in PoK as van plunges into Jhelum
Islamabad: A school van ferrying upto 20
children plunged into the Jhelum river in Pakistan-occupied
Kashmir on Tuesday killing at least 15 students, officials said.
The van was carrying children aged 10-15 from Garhi
Dupatta to a local school about 28 kilometres from the PoK
capital of Muzaffarbad when it skidded off the road and
plunged into the river.
Five children were rescued by local residents and
passers-by after the accident occurred.
"15 bodies had been retrieved from the river so far",
The death toll could rise, they said.
Police and rescue agencies are search the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’