15 school children killed in PoK as van plunges into Jhelum
Islamabad: A school van ferrying upto 20
children plunged into the Jhelum river in Pakistan-occupied
Kashmir on Tuesday killing at least 15 students, officials said.
The van was carrying children aged 10-15 from Garhi
Dupatta to a local school about 28 kilometres from the PoK
capital of Muzaffarbad when it skidded off the road and
plunged into the river.
Five children were rescued by local residents and
passers-by after the accident occurred.
"15 bodies had been retrieved from the river so far",
The death toll could rise, they said.
Police and rescue agencies are search the area.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on