15 school children killed in PoK as van plunges into Jhelum
Islamabad: A school van ferrying upto 20
children plunged into the Jhelum river in Pakistan-occupied
Kashmir on Tuesday killing at least 15 students, officials said.
The van was carrying children aged 10-15 from Garhi
Dupatta to a local school about 28 kilometres from the PoK
capital of Muzaffarbad when it skidded off the road and
plunged into the river.
Five children were rescued by local residents and
passers-by after the accident occurred.
"15 bodies had been retrieved from the river so far",
The death toll could rise, they said.
Police and rescue agencies are search the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II