15 school children killed in PoK as van plunges into Jhelum
Islamabad: A school van ferrying upto 20
children plunged into the Jhelum river in Pakistan-occupied
Kashmir on Tuesday killing at least 15 students, officials said.
The van was carrying children aged 10-15 from Garhi
Dupatta to a local school about 28 kilometres from the PoK
capital of Muzaffarbad when it skidded off the road and
plunged into the river.
Five children were rescued by local residents and
passers-by after the accident occurred.
"15 bodies had been retrieved from the river so far",
The death toll could rise, they said.
Police and rescue agencies are search the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre