16 militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Sixteen militants were killed in Aghanistan`s Helmand province Saturday night in an air strike on a Taliban hideout, authorities said Sunday.
"Acting on a tip-off, the aircraft raided Taliban hideout in Marja district Saturday night killing 16 rebels," reported Xinhua citing a provincial spokesperson, who described it as a big blow to the Taliban fighters in the province.
Taliban, however, claimed having destroyed two armoured personnel carriers and killing four soldiers in the province`s Nawzad district Saturday.
The officials, however, termed it "a baseless claim".
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video