16 militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Sixteen militants were killed in Aghanistan`s Helmand province Saturday night in an air strike on a Taliban hideout, authorities said Sunday.
"Acting on a tip-off, the aircraft raided Taliban hideout in Marja district Saturday night killing 16 rebels," reported Xinhua citing a provincial spokesperson, who described it as a big blow to the Taliban fighters in the province.
Taliban, however, claimed having destroyed two armoured personnel carriers and killing four soldiers in the province`s Nawzad district Saturday.
The officials, however, termed it "a baseless claim".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security