16 militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Sixteen militants were killed in Aghanistan`s Helmand province Saturday night in an air strike on a Taliban hideout, authorities said Sunday.
"Acting on a tip-off, the aircraft raided Taliban hideout in Marja district Saturday night killing 16 rebels," reported Xinhua citing a provincial spokesperson, who described it as a big blow to the Taliban fighters in the province.
Taliban, however, claimed having destroyed two armoured personnel carriers and killing four soldiers in the province`s Nawzad district Saturday.
The officials, however, termed it "a baseless claim".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand